Saturday, May 7, 2011

SIX WEEKS OUT



In the midst of mood swings and deprivation dieting for a show often times makes you selfish. It is not that you demand things or make yourself the center of attention but start to believe that your life (including the people in it) get put on hold. It takes big moments to make you realize that it is not and the world keeps turning no matter how many weeks out you are or how tired and stressed you feel. Constantly I remind myself that this is not a punishment it is a choice. I have learned to understand that I must continue with my everyday events instead of centering myself and my life around my show preparation.


This past weekend my family travelled out of town. A night away sounds easy but it means major planning and preparation. Packing baggies of supplements and 8 meals into my large cooler had me prepared to go. Pulling out containers on the road was easy, sneaking food into my purse to eat during a 3 hour ceremony was fine but sitting through a buffet of no thank you's was the hardest part of all. It is in these moments of weakness that you begin to realize how strong you are and how bad you want the win.


I have finally reached my six week mark- changes are starting to become visible and mentally I am more focused and motivated then I have ever been. More challenges? “bring it” I fight a new battle everyday and am prepared to keep fighting.


I was given an opportunity to shoot a video this past week with my boyfriend and coach Tyler - he has put up with me through the ups and downs and I am blessed beyond belief to have him in my life. Take a glimpse of how we train legs together and how we work as a team! :)

http://www.athleticlife.com/sarah-rennick-opa-competitor-trains-with-personal-trainer-tyler-brennan/

1 comment: