Sunday, May 8, 2011

HOW TO STAY FOCUSED


QUESTION “Do you ever get cravings?”


Yes! Like anyone else I crave things perhaps more then I normally would if I wasn't on such a strict regimen. Here are some of my best kept secrets that can be used if you are dieting down for the summer or just trying to follow a clean eating lifestyle.


  1. Stop obsessing- keep busy. Don't drive yourself crazy thinking of all the foods you are missing out on. It really is not as bad as it seems.

  2. Are you hydrated? Often times you can confuse hunger with thirst- aim for 8-10 glasses per day- Tea is great because it takes longer to drink and often times before you are even finished your cup you forget about what you were craving in the first place! Don't be shy with flavours try a few different variates. Tetley has lots of great flavours- vanilla roobius or warmth (cinnamon spice) are very sweet tasting tea's I also love loose leaf tea and you can buy a ton of flavour from chocolate to almond at speciality tea stores. Yes I have a slight obsession with tea :)

  3. When was the last time you ate? Are you aiming to follow a clean eating diet- every 2-3 hours? Make sure you don't skip out on meals- Try setting an alarm in your phone to go off on your eating mark to remember or keep a food journal in your purse or bag. Sometimes I will even write in the times I plan on eating in my agenda is though they are appointments- sounds silly I know but it works!

  4. Plan- Most important of all- poor planning can sabotage your diet very easily. Plan the night before what you are going to eat, what time you are going to eat at and if you are super organized prepare your food so it is already made and ready to go.

  5. Don't let your diet feel like a diet- make things feel like treat sometimes- I HATE asparagus but unfortunately it is at the top of my diet list. I have found different ways to make myself like it- don't be afraid to get creative! :) Here are some ways I have adapted different meals into treats.


Greek Yogurt- I have got so many of my clients onto this stuff! Not only is it thicker than regular yogurt but it also contains ALOT more protein and LESS carbs!! Here is my trick to making it tasty! :) Add in 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa and a few packets of Stevia- You now have a healthy protein filled yogurt that tastes like chocolate pudding.

Egg Whites- This sounds odd I know but it tastes amazing. Egg whites do not have much of a taste on their own so when I am craving something sweet I add unsweetened cocoa, cinnamon, stevia and vanilla into my egg whites while they cook. When they are half cooked I then add 1 tablespoon of flax seed and 1 tablespoon of protein powder giving the outside a crunchy texture making it feel more like a treat. Try adding some greek yogurt and berries into the middle for a crepe like dessert if you want to add more flavors.

These are the tricks that help me through hope they can help you too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment